SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
felpec

Just Wanted to Say Thanks!

felpec
18 years ago

I had posted a couple of years ago about a calamondin that I had "inherited" from my aunt (she's 87 and got the tree from her mother in the early 1950's) and it wasn't fruiting.

Thanks to all the great advice from this forum, I can now report the "old girl" (yes, the tree is slightly older than I am) has bloomed four times this year, is loaded with fruit, and my aunt will get jars of homemade "Joisey-grown" marmalade for Christmas.

Again, thanks to all of you, I was successful in rooting cuttings from the "old girl", and gave one back to my aunt (the reason she gave it away in the first place is she just couldn't manage carrying it inside for the winter). I do wish you could have seen the look of joy on her face as she hugged that little tree. A pass-down plant from her Mom to her and down to me, then back up to her again!

As a side benefit, my office (the "old girl's" winter residence) smells heavenly...there's nothing like the fragrance of real orange blossoms. Yep, she's blooming again!

Comments (15)