SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does your garden 'go to sleep' in the winter?

lavender_lass
10 years ago

I noticed on the Antique Rose forum that many people live in climates that allow them to garden almost all year round. There are also many, who are worried about drought...and they have to maintain their gardens all the time.

While it would be nice to spend time in the garden more often, I have to admit...I like that my garden 'goes to sleep' from late October until April. No matter how hot and dry the late summer gets (and it can be both) we know the fall rains and winter snow will give everything a fresh start for spring.

One thing I've noticed...this time of year makes me appreciate all the evergreens we have on our property and I'm thinking about adding some more in the gardens, to give the place a bit more green. Maybe I'm being a bit whimsical, but they seem to watch out over the other plants, while they sleep :)

So, right now I'm planning what I hope to do in the spring and looking forward to all the bulbs and even the dandelions blooming this spring. What about you? Does your garden grow all year round, or does it like to sleep in the winter?

Comments (14)

Sponsored