SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katlynn719

Daylily Seedling Pics

12 years ago

By request, I thought I'd post some seedling pics. All of these seedlings were 2 years old last Spring. I kept all of these and moved them to new beds.

My favorite red cross last year was INSIDER TRADING X HEARTS OF FIRE. This one had 5 branches and 28 buds -

{{gwi:652382}}

Here is a better photo of the scape and buds -

{{gwi:652383}}

Here is the same cross, but a different plant with 5 branches and 27 buds -

{{gwi:652384}}

I crossed two of my favorite red spiders SPIDER MAN X THIN MAN and got predictable seedlings -

{{gwi:652385}}

I had one seedling that multiplied like crazy. It was 7 fans when I moved it last Fall. It is the dark purple seedling in the front of this pic TRAHLYTA X LAURA HARWOOD. The light colored seedlings behind it are all out of Orchid Corsage.

{{gwi:652386}}

My tallest red seedling was out of BITTERSWEET HOLIDAY X THIN MAN. Here it is with my "plant doctor" and lifelong Colt's fan -

{{gwi:652387}}

On the other side of the spectrum, I also had some short seedlings that I hope will make good "front of the border" plants. These were my favorites from SPACECOAST TINY PERFECTION X TROPICAL SENSATION -

{{gwi:652389}}

{{gwi:652391}}

And the rest of these made the cut, but had unimpressive stats (hope springs eternal)...

(CHARLIE PIERCE MEMORIAL X INDIAN GIVER) X LIVING ECHOES

{{gwi:652392}}

LIVING ECHOES X ALWAYS TOMORROW

{{gwi:652393}}

FREE WHEELIN' X HELIX

{{gwi:652394}}

ROCK SOLID X LINDA SIERRA

{{gwi:652395}}

Kathy

Comments (22)