SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amccour

Why is my monadenium growing upside-down?

amccour
14 years ago

Picture:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2599/1122092007.jpg

I'm not sure what species. (It's one of the succulent, freely branch, bumpy, deciduous ones. It's also probably a hybrid).

Tonight I was looking at it and noticed it was kind of floppy looking. Except it's not actually floppy. Totally solid. Looked a bit closer and notice it had a branch growing *downwards* on it.

The rest of the plant looks fine. The main stem is bending over but that's probably just phototropism (it's behind a bunch of other plants and awkwardly shaped [Said branch always had a strong lean to it]. I just can't get at it to rotate it much). Rest of the new growth isn't etioliated since it's pretty near a window. In other words it's looking fine in comparison to this summer.

Except this one branch. I'm not even sure if it was THERE before. It's not even etioliated. The internodal length is SMALLER in the new growth than in the older parts of the branch and it's just as thick.

Also it looks sort of wrinkly looking and a little soft. The other branches aren't so much. If it's anything it'd be lack of water since I haven't watered this since bringing it in, so rot is sort of out of the question. Looking at older pics, some of the branches might be kind of droopy. Maybe it does need a drink. That still doesn't explain that one branch.

No apparent pests. There are webs on it but I'm pretty sure those are spider webs and not mite webs.

Comments (9)