SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Photos of the 'new' old house!

girlgroupgirl
16 years ago

Here are some photos of our remodel. This is pretty intense for you dial up folks. I tried to scale down the size of the photos. Also, I did not include photos of the closet because hubby is working in that room. It's the size of a small bedroom.

{{gwi:618579}}
This is my new Cadillac! It's kind of temperamental still - burners are fussy...but it has warmers, utensil drawers, and a place to dry linens all tucked inside!!

{{gwi:618580}}
This is the view from the office door into the passthru on the stove side. The other side with the black and white wall will be the eat in kitchen area.

{{gwi:618582}}
This is the view opposite the stove, looking from the office doorway towards the dining room. You can see that there is a step up on this side. I had a box made about 8" tall and covered with lino flooring to raise my counters up! It is so comfortable for me to work! Don't forget, regular counters are made for women 5'2" (or men!!) to 5'6" and I'm 6'2". The stove side is lower so it is more comfortable for DH to work who is about 5'8" or so.

{{gwi:618584}}
Now we're looking at the same side as above, only from the dining room door towards the office door. There's the new fridge all snug in it's hidey hole! My friend is coming tomorrow to put a display cabinet in above it. No wasted space!!

{{gwi:618586}}

This is the office. If you walked from the kitchen, that bookshelf and desk would be on the right. Clearly, we are not all organized yet!!

Now this is the pantry area. Can you see the pantry (an office storage cupboard had for $75 and powder coated) matches the purple in the light above. This is in the office, you see it when you walk into the room. To the right of the pantry is the door to the deck.

{{gwi:618590}}When sitting at the desk this is to my back! It's the new stairwell and has three sides of glass.

{{gwi:618592}}
When you walk down the stairs there is a hall, a turn and then you see the basement.

{{gwi:618595}}Here we are looking from the opposite end of the basement, towards the hall and you can see some of the laundry area to the right. Directly to the left of the machines is the bathroom.

{{gwi:618597}}
This is the new basement bath! Oh, you should have SEEN the old grungy one. This is pure luxury for us! Real tiles, a fan, light in the shower. Two windows one to the left of the sink and one in the shower itself. The shower is HUGE. You could fit three in there. Four if one sat down on the bench!

{{gwi:618598}}
Here's a look it the shower. It's also a unique shape. It has a deep 6" lip so that if I need to use it as a tub when I'm disgusting from the garden, I can.

{{gwi:618600}}
And lastly, because everything else is shiny and new, the upstairs bath looked grungy and worn. I painted it, sitting on the floor (with broken foot) and it wore me out. However, it ends up looking like the bath of a house of ill repute, and that makes me chuckle to no end. Nekkid ladies are for the DH to counteract the poodle contamination.

There it is so far! Wacky, but home.

GGG

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH