SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Succulent Garden Progress Photos

Central_Cali369
13 years ago

So it's been roughly 3 years since I became interested in succulent plants and began experimenting with them. In 2008, I started taking out bits and strips of lawn and replaced them with succulents. I've lurked around this board quite a bit and everytime I see your posts, I find that I need to find every plant youguys talk about lol.

Well, I thought I'd share a couple of before & Now pictures for you all. Hope you enjoy!

This is the front yard and what I began with in 2003

{{gwi:701327}}

This is the same shot in 2008, right before I began growing succulent

{{gwi:701329}}

And here's what I've got now. Some succulents here include Aloe Marlothii, Aloe Striata, Aloe Tomentosa, Aloe Cameronii, Aloe Microstigma and Aloe Hercules off to the right of the picture plane. Groundcovers include Festuca Glauca, Sedum Prealtum and Senecio.

{{gwi:701330}}

And here's a different part of the yard. This is also what we started off with in 2008.

{{gwi:41610}}

And here's the same spot as it looked a month ago, everything greening up with the recent rain. Plants here include Phormiums, Aloe Marlothii, Beschorneria Yuccoides (foreground), Aloe Maculata, Agave Desertii, Artemisia and lots of groundcover

{{gwi:701331}}

Lastly, here are some pictures from other plants in the yard:

This is Aloe Pluridens, Aloe Striata and Aeoniums among other smaller succulents.

{{gwi:701332}}
Agave Desertii

{{gwi:701333}}
Aloe Maculata Bloom

{{gwi:701334}}
And lastly, a shot of the sourthern end of the yard

{{gwi:701335}}

Comments (26)