SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Christmas Morning picture...

User
15 years ago

I have been up since 4 AM so I am posting this now while the candles are still glowing ....and so am I. Merry Christmas to all....and to all a good night. From Caroline in Alabama 2008

{{gwi:617298}}

Comments (37)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Oh for heavens sake - I'm in the same zone and haven't yet gone to bed....you're just trying to take the pressure off of Huxan and Eduarda......

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No I am still up since Tuesday 4 AM. It is pouring rain now and I wanted to post before it put out the candles. To bed now. Hope you get to bed soon....c

• Related Discussions

Christmas pictures. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Q

Comments (10)
    Pat thank you so much for the Holiday wishes. Going right back for you also and the gorgeous pictures. I LOVE IT!!! Hope you have a wonderful 2010 and that we can share many great moments with our love to brugs, together. Lucy
    ...See More

Christmas Morning Pic

Q

Comments (4)
    Boy, he sure looks excited! JoanMN/FL
    ...See More

Oven and Broiler both quit Christmas morning

Q

Comments (12)
    I cooked our Christmas turkey in the hooded gas grill outside, but that was because it was 41C/106F on Christmas Day here! Usually the grill lives on the bigger deck which faces east, but DH and DD decided it would be better on the shaded verandah on the opposite side of the house. We've designed our new(ish) extension to have a large room with a deck on one side and a verandah on the other, and French doors opening onto both, so they opened up the doors and wheeled the grill through! The turkey and roasted vegetables came out well and the house didn't heat up. Win-win. :-)
    ...See More

Opened our cabinets - It was like Christmas morning!

Q

Comments (2)
    I loooooovvvvveeeee the color. I describe it as a lovely creamy white. Not white like our trim, not cream. And yes I think they are easy to clean b/c there were a few marks that I was able to just rub off with my finger so I have to believe they will be even better with soma fantastik and a paper towel. Our walls are a sunset/butternut squash color. The granite is Autmn wheat and the floors are original hardwood floors with a typical medium stain on them. Are your cabinets from HD?
    ...See More
  • FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

{{gwi:617300}}

{{gwi:617302}}

It is 73 right now, is supposed to be a gray, rainy day, and be up around 82 and feel like it's 88. Dang, it's supposed to be at least chilly on Christmas. Guess we can't have it all.

Caroline ~ Love the way your home looks all warm, cheery and Christmasy.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

• downeastwaves
    15 years ago

Here is ours!

{{gwi:617304}}

We had a luminari going and waited for Santa to drive by on the fire truck!

So nice living in a small city.

Merry Christmas,
    Leasa

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Brrrr, Leasa. Love your two snowpeople! You've done a beautiful job with your home.

FlowerLady

• DYH
    15 years ago

It's 8:30am here in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It feels like spring weather. 55°F this morning with light rain. It was 64° when I took Charm outside at 11pm last night. The frogs were out!

{{gwi:617305}}

Merry Christmas to all Gardeners!

Cameron

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Wow, what a lovely, peaceful scene Cameron. What is the reddish shrubbery or ground cover.

It's 8:39 here and the sun just came out. We've been having gentle rains and more is expected throughout the day.

FlowerLady

• DYH
    15 years ago

That's cotoneaster - evergreen (green in summer, burgundy in winter). The birds love to live underneath it.

That's the view from our garden room, but I opened the door to take the photo. We're sitting in here right now, (each have a wireless Mac on our laps), but we don't need a fire since it's so warm.

DS1 is still upstairs. DS2 lives nearby, so he doesn't stay here overnight anymore. He'll be by soon. I've got to start cooking and stop writing!

Merry Christmas!

• schoolhouse_gw
    15 years ago

It's 9:16am. Christmas morning, the dogs have opened their gifts, I got to open three that were mailed to me over a week ago (I was so good at resisting tearing them open until this morning!), and I'm ready to put the four layer lasagna I made back into the oven for a final baking before it goes with me to my Mom and Stepdad's house for Christmas dinner. And....its SNOWING! Only spitting snow - but it's snowing! I got my Christmas wish. Merry Christmas to all.

• thinman
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas, dear cottagers. We have been to visit the grand kids for the squealing and present opening early this morning (7 a.m. - not too bad!). It was dark then, but I took this picture a few minutes ago when we came back. DW and I were enjoying the idea that we could take a nap today ANYTIME WE WANTED! Such is life when you have passed sixty, I guess. :-)

{{gwi:617306}}

ThinMan

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh so pretty. I went to bed and slept well with the sound of the rain on the skylight. It is warm and cloudy here too. I meant that I had been up since 4 AM Wed....I was so tired:)

Beautiful and peaceful Flower, Leasa, Cameron and TM. Schoolhouse hope to see a picture of the snow.

I am glad to see the wonderful pictures. TM wish we could nap today. I have a houseful coming for dinner at 3 PM. Need to get cracking !

Have a wonderful day all of my GW friends . Caroline

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    15 years ago

Here's a couple of pix of our little old house. One was taken at 1AM this morning where it was just starting to snow again but I shook my fist at it, that seemed to work at least for now. The second picture was taken this morning when we finally got mobile.
    Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Annette

{{gwi:617307}}
    {{gwi:617308}}

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Oh so pretty!! - we are all so different, and so the same. It was snowing when I got up to put the turkey, so curled back into bed, to wait for the Sun!!! This is my first attempt at a slide show, so hope it comes over OK. The turkey came by yesterday, and no, it is not the one in the oven. lol.

Merry Christas All.

Nancy.

• Eduarda
    15 years ago

I didn't forget about the photo and I did take one of our front door early this morning, but I've had family over the whole day and have been unable to even go near the PC. But here it is, at last, our front door Christmas morning, around 8:30am.

{{gwi:617310}}

And this is what our new front porch looked like a few moments ago.

{{gwi:617311}}

Such lovely pictures, everyone, thank you so much for such beauty and Merry Christmas to you all!

Eduarda

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Cameron ~ The cotoneaster is gorgeous.

schoolhouse ~ glad you got your Christmas wish.

TMan ~ What a lovely picture. Naps are nice.

Annette ~ I love your little cottage. It looks pretty in the snow and look there are icicles.

Nancy ~ I enjoyed your Christmas slide show.

Eduarda ~ loved seeing your decorated front entry and your happy plants inside, and your new front porch is lovely. I'm sure you're glad that project is all done.

Great pictures everyone and it was a real treat seeing them all.

FlowerLady

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annette that is so beautiful! Love your cottage. Nancy that is a wonderful slideshow I am so glad you posted it.''

Eduarda that is the most beautiful porch. It is going to be so great to sit there with a glass of iced herbal tea this summer. c

• mora
    15 years ago

{{gwi:617312}}

I have had a very "large" day but managed to take this whilst flying out the door this morning. The wind here has been unusually brutal, hurricane force gusts, so a few things are askew, never mind, its this morning, Martha

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Martha - at least, thank goodness, it sounds like you have power!! So many did not this am. Oh the horror - how would you cook your turkey???!!!
    You home is lovely, and gasp, almost snowless!!

Nancy.

• schoolhouse_gw
    15 years ago

Snow never accumulated, just a tease. It was a bright and sunny Christmas day. I envy those of you who have snow,and all the photos posted are wonderful. We'll probably get hit with a big storm next month, and I'll be sorry!

• DYH
    15 years ago

It looks like Christmas at everyone's house but mine! :-)

I do have a wreath, a rosemary tree, a bowl of ornaments and a Nativity scene. I'm not a scrooge. :-)

• memo3
    15 years ago

Ohhhh! I have enjoyed all of your photos so much! You all have really brought home the warm feelings of Christmas with your words too.

We didn't do a darn thing on Christmas other than to walk to the kitchen for food and a drink or to go throw more wood on the fire down in the basement. It was sort of nice. No push to do anything or go anywhere, just the two of us enjoying each others company.

Since I'm so late to this thread, I'll just wish you all a very blessed New Year.

MeMo

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Memo - you are the cherry on our Christmas Pud!!!

Nancy.

• gldno1
    15 years ago

I did a picture, but it was so dreary that I didn't post!

We had dark, grey days and some rain and all I do outside is dark green door wreaths and it absolutely didn't look like Christmas.

Maybe I should change that......naw....I am a Christmas scrooge.

One Christmas ice storm many years ago when the kids were home from college, we cooked beans and fried corn cakes on the wood stove for Christmas dinner. Tasted darned good.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Martha ~ Love your place. Are your lovely gardens behind or beside your home? It looks cold there right now.

Memo ~ So good to see you. Your Christmas sounds like it was just right. We also had a no rush Christmas and it felt great.

Gldno ~ Come on, our tropical, warm weather, didn't feel like Christmas and I didn't have fantastic outside decorations. (In fact, DH had found that candle lite decoration and two others all in their boxes, curbside shopping.) So post that Christmas picture of yours. It lets us all see how we were this holiday in 2008.

Have a wonderful 2009 everyone.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

C'mon gldno - it's still Christmas, as Cameron says. It just may not look like Currier & Ives !!

Nancy.

• libbyshome
    15 years ago

I don't have a picture either. :(
    So it's a good excuse to post this one again. :)
    ps. It looked just the same this year.

{{gwi:617314}}

Libby

• plantmaven
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas Y'ALL late, but heart felt!

BRRRR.... i am so glad I live closer to Mexico

{{gwi:617316}}

About 8 years a go, I bought this child's sled in OK. I guess that's what it is, we don't see many here in central TX. I always planned to decorate it. But I never got it done. While moving last year my DIL asked for it. She attached a new pull rope and refinished it.
    This is what I got this Christmas. Isn't it cute?

{{gwi:617318}}

• thinman
    15 years ago

Super picture, Libby. That seems like a lot of snow for zone 9a.

That sled is a beaut, Kathy. I'd love to pull the GKs in one like it. Your DIL did an outstanding job.

ThinMan

• mora
    15 years ago

Thank you Flower, I have a very strange little cottage. It is built into a hill so from the front it looks tiny. To get into my garden one must either descend the outside steps or travel through the house to the basement and out the back door. The bottom of the house is latish 1700's with thick walls and a fireplace but the top was placed there in 1829(some say it was once the public loo) so my garden is in the back and I look down into it from my kitchen window. My neighbour is a churchyard and we love it very much even though we have a million things to do with it stll, Martha

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    15 years ago

Martha, built into a hill, how neat, I look out onto my garden from the kitchen too. When we moved here we added two rooms, a new kitchen, the old kitchen is now the dining room and another bedroom. We also added a new entrance so now we can go up into the kitchen or down into the cellar without having to go outside. When we were building the addition, I insisted on a 4x6 window at the sink so I could look out onto the garden, it has since been changed to thermopane windows with the two end ones opening out. Still got a good view out into the garden.

Annette

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Kathy - love the sled. We use those to bring provisions when we walk into my friends cottage in winter. They're great. Libby, you have had alot of snow for BC!!

Nancy.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Libby ~ That's a neat picture.

Kathy ~ What a wonderful surprise gift of love. Your DIL did a great job!

Martha ~ How cool that your house is built into a hill. I'd love to see more of your cottage and your gardens of course. Having a churchyard for your neighbor is nice and quiet I'm sure. Your gardens must give you great joy viewing them from your kitchen.

FlowerLady

• mora
    15 years ago

This is the view from the back...and what it looks like again today.

{{gwi:617319}}

• mora
    15 years ago

Just had to take the brrrrrr out of that last one

{{gwi:617320}}

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Ohhhh, I can feel that sun warmed grass on my toes!!!! Pretty, pretty.

Nancy.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

I even like the winter pic!!!

• kiddo_1
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness. I've never been in the 'conversation' area before and obviously am missing out! These Christmas pics are lovely and paging through let me enjoy the holiday all over again (and from all over too!). Sorry I don't have a pic to post, so thanks for posting these!
    Happy New Year, all. :-)
    Kris

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH