SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynw_gw

Opened our cabinets - It was like Christmas morning!

lynw
15 years ago

Our cabinets were delivered last Thursday and we spent the afternoon opening and inspecting everything since our builder is supposed to start the week after memorial day. It was really a lot of fun!!!!

Most were ok. Specific directions about dividers being installed in only the left side of the cabinet over the fridge were ignored. The Desk file drawer was a design dissapointment so that may have to be replaced with another item. There were two doors and a spindle that were scratched. Additionally about a dozen drawers/doors that I will ask to have replaced. As I previously posted our cabinets are kraftmaid, shaker style (thornton)with a painted door (canvas - creamy white). So some spots where the "frame" connects on the face of the door there are hairline marks. I asked in my poast about how picky I should be and decided that while I know our door style and paint choices will lend itself to those hairlines I am not ok with them being there from the start - especially when some doors and drawers are perfect. DH said he thought everything looked fine but I think he just wants to see it done and doesn't want any delays but it is too much money to me and I want it to be right! Just wanted to share.

Comments (2)