SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maire_cate

At our Open House my neighbor told the realtor what she didn't like.

maire_cate
6 years ago

We recently put our home on the market and my realtor held an Open House today. When we returned he said that he had a good turn out and two couples who expressed interest. But as he was leaving he mentioned that my neighbor came over, stayed for 45 minutes and voiced her loud opinion about what she didn't like - the wallpaper in the bathroom, the color of the paint in the dining room and the deck.

I'm stunned - not just because she came over to snoop - I figured some one in the neighborhood would do that. Actually another neighbor who I've never met came with her husband, her 2 boys and a friend of the boys to 'check it out.' The boys wanted to know if they could go swimming.

What amazes me is that she was so nervy and apparently even chatted with one of the visitors about the house. My realtor has a form for visitors to fill our and she just scribbled her name so you couldn't read it. My realtor didn't know if we were good friends and he didn't want to insult her by asking her to leave. He said he finally walked her out the door when the Open House was over and watched her walk across the lawn and into her house.

My neighbor moved in a year ago. They're renting for 3 years until their daughter finishes high school and then they're moving back to the city. I used to feel sorry for her when I'd see her standing on the side of the garage drinking wine and smoking. She seemed to be hiding. Unfortunately she has a drinking problem and has shown up on my doorstep a few times while DH was home and he recognized her problem immediately.

I wonder if she'll mention it the next time I see her. I'm not sure what I'll say to her but I am annoyed enough to say something. Maybe I'll ask her what she thought about my house and if she liked the way I arranged my furniture - or better yet, how she liked my wallpaper.

Ok - that's my minor rant for today. With any luck I won't see her for a while and I'll forget about it.

Maire

Comments (36)