SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tess_2008

Saw arboretum pics, and now I'm ruined

tess_2008
16 years ago

Thought I'd start a new post on this. Thanks to everybody who suggested the national convention and the pics for the arboretum in IA. Wow!

Now, I'm ruined. Just when I thought I was safe from anything like a conifer obsession (as I thought many of you might suffer from), I had to see those pictures! Wow!

I cannot believe the beauty. Showed the stuff to hubby. He loved it, BUT his eye did catch on: 1) price of convention and 2) 250 people to keep the grounds of the arboretum. As he says, he is just but one man! OK. Since I'm not willing to take the convention out of my flower budget, we have compromised and we will make several day trips to see the arboretum and surrounding sites as our little fun summer trips.

Two things hit with the arboretum. How beautiful - and then how long it must take to grow to these sizes. I probably will enjoy the personal gardens a lot because they could put it into perspective on what I could enjoy in my lifetime.

It puts my gardening and use of evergreens into a whole new perspective on the way I have planned my gardens. The conifers have never been the focus. I will do at least one area with this in mind in the future, though.

Comments (5)