SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anddoggies2

the citrus bug has bit baaaaad

anddoggies2
10 years ago

I was in the process of getting my indoor winter location set up for the Meyer Lemon I bought in the spring when I realized, that hey! this table top has room for 2 trees. So ... I got a Key Lime. And I keep reading posts here about 4 Winds so I went to their site and found a Mineola Tangelo that sounds wonderful. So I'm thinking that I can just use a slightly larger table and a second light fixture and I'll be all set. But as long as I'm going to do that I would have room for a fourth tree.

I have *not* gotten the tangelo. Yet. And I have not figured out a 4th. I have not completely thrown all caution to the wind.

I have lots of room outdoors come springtime. Zone 5 central NY. But for the months of April & Sept and maybe parts of May I'll have to be hauling these trees in/out/in/out/etc because of temperature drops at night.

So before I go too far overboard with all this glorious greenery and hope of fruit, I have some questions:
- Which of these trees will succumb to the incidental battery caused by going thru doors?
- And which are are going to stay small enough for say the next 5-10 years (assuming they survive) so I can continue to haul them in and out? (I don't want to admit to an age, but social security is rapidly approaching and I can't imagine being able to lift these when I hit my dotage.)
- Also, any suggestions for the possible fourth tree?
- And finally, Am I out of my mind to do this without having gone through a full year with just the first tree?!?

Becky

Comments (3)