SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsb22_gw

Brand new to citrus, couple of questions

dsb22
18 years ago

I found a lovely nagami kumquat tree at Southern States yesterday for half off. I was told by the clerk that I can overwinter it indoors--I hope that's true. I also have some questions that I hope you all can help me with.

1) I've done some research on this forum and it seems that the best potting soil is a mix of CHC and peat moss. I'm afraid I don't know what CHC stands for--can someone enlighten me? Also, will the coarse variety of peat moss work? (I have a ton of that & would like to use up.)

2) Re overwintering indoors, we have a townhouse w- 3 floors. My options are on the middle floor where it would have eastern and a bit of southern exposure, or on the top floor with western exposure. The top floor room is the warmest room in the house. Do you think one room would be better than the other? If I should get grow light(s), do you recommend ordering them online or can you just get them at HD or a nursery?

The tree is about 3' tall and has green fruit all over at the moment. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Deanna

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz