SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aesir22

Question for Toni if thats ok :)

aesir22
15 years ago

Hi Toni...or anyone else reading this that might be able to offer some insight!

I am asking this because of a post i read previously and you brought something up that I found interesting..

I have recently treated one of my calamondins for aphids. Gross little things, they were breeding like there was no tomorrow! anyway, i used a store-bought bug killer (claimed the main ingredient was natural...hmmm) I don't like using these kinds of products on my plants and would rather use something natural. I read in a previous post a recipe you had to get rid of mites i think it was, with crushed garlic and citrus juice and cayenne pepper. Is this just a treatment? Is there anything natural you know of that can be sprayed on every now and then to help prevent infestation...would rather prevent than treat! I mist my citrus several times a day and I have a fan on in the room (not directly on plants) that circulates the air, as I read mites don't like moving air so much!

Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated. How much of each ingredient have you used in the water?

Thanks a lot :D

Danny

Comments (4)