SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobbobbers_gw

Orange tree leaves look funny

bobbobbers
10 years ago

Hello,

I planted an orange tree, also a meyer lemon tree. They were cuttings that were pre planted I got from Home Depot. I looked up directions online, watched two YouTube videos, and pretty much followed them to the letter when I replanted them. That was probably beginning of spring this year, and I live just south of Houston. The orange tree I put in the ground. The lemon, in an old half of a whiskey barrel.

Anyway, the lemon tree came with lemons on it, which ripened and we picked and ate, they were good. The orange tree was bare. The orange tree has been fairly healthy and generated a fair amount of fruit, which is still green. In the past 3 months or so, some of the limbs on the orange tree have discolored leaves. The leaves look scaly, splotchy, and shriveled. However, other branches look healthy, and the fruit looks fine.

Hopefully you can see it in the attached pic. Any idea what I should do? I also put a "citrus tree fertilizer spike" at the recommended distance. The lemon tree has the same problem, but worse, and hasn't grown significantly or produced any new fruit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbm8xpqel9lluhv/Photo%20Aug%2018%2C%204%2023%2035%20PM.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:616722}}

This post was edited by bobbobbers on Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 18:16

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting