SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Brug season has ended & OT pics

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

Well, the brug season has finally come to a close. The last couple of frosts have left the branches bare, and left a ton of unopened blooms hanging lifelessly from them :(

Despite the chilly temperatures, there are other plants in their prime. Here are some pics from my yard today. I hope you all enjoy!

Finally! i got to see some blue sky! I was getting tired of the gloomy fog we've been having.

{{gwi:56706}}

Shrimp plant - This is my first year growing it, and it has bloomed every month of the year! really surprising.

{{gwi:56707}}

My young Aloe Ferox. It has almost doubled in size. It's WAY too young to flower, but this is the season they bloom in.

{{gwi:591256}}

Another shrimp plant pic

{{gwi:591257}}

Some blooms on the variegated pink lemon

{{gwi:56708}}

And another one with some new pink growth.

{{gwi:591259}}

My doggies - Max and Penny wishing you a great holiday season! We adopted Penny about a month after losing our Piru (some of you might remember we lost him this summer).

{{gwi:591260}}

The kentia is opening a new frond. It's a bit more frost tolerant than i thought. Notice the frost damage on the blechnum gibbum in front of it.

{{gwi:56704}}

Tibouchina Urvilleana getting new growth and blooms

{{gwi:56705}}

And finally, a bed of succulents. I'm always adding new stuff here. Currently there are aloes, haworthias, sempervivums, sedums, crassulas, kalanchoes, agaves, echeverias...My latest addition is an Aloe Striata.

{{gwi:503329}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting