SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilgreenfrog

A thank you...and help for an Easter Cactus

lilgreenfrog
15 years ago

First of all, thank you to everyone here who was so helpful when I became a Thanksgiving cactus parent. This is its second winter with me, and it is about to pop with dozens of deep fuscia blossoms. I'll post pictures soon! I've been bringing it in, as its in the low 40's at night, but if its truly happy down into the 20s, maybe I'll put it back outside? I don't want to risk bud drop.

So my next question - my boss has an Easter cactus (best guess, based on her report and descriptions I've read here). It lives in our office, and gets indirect western exposure. I know that now is the time to start cutting back the water and temperature, but is there a good way to do this in the office? Someone told her to "put it in the basement for a few months", and while it would be cooler down there, it wouldn't get any light at all unless I set something up. (Which I'm willing to do). So - HOW cool does it need to be? Would giving it a full spectrum grow light in the basement be too much light? Also, its very rootbound. Should I transplant now, or wait till spring?

thank you in advance!

Lara

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio