SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexis717_df

Cunninghamia Lanceolata Glauca

15 years ago

Last fall I purchased this tree, for two reasons; 1) I was looking for bones for my new landscape, and 2) It was an unusal looking tree. I go in for oddities. At the time the nursery had originally gotten it in for a specific landscape job. The nursery owner decided not to use it as he was uncertain how it would do in our winters and decided to overwinter it instead. When I purchased it the tag was missing and the owner could not recall what type of tree it was. Well, now he tells me it is a Cunninghamia Lanceolata Glauca. However, since I couldn't identify it I put it in a nursery bed while I set about trying to identify it. It is about 4 1/2' tall.

Here is my question(s).

Does anyone one in zone 5 have this tree? If yes, how long in ground and how fast does it grow? What size might I untimately expect, H x W?

Our snow of 08 was very heavy and the tree had no support, consequently it was bent over to the ground. When I got it home I staked it. How long do I need to keep it staked before it will stand straight on it's own?

I'm sure there are other questions I should probably ask so if you have any other suggestions, opinions or helpful advise please let me know. I'm looking for any information I can get, positive or negative.

Thank you

Alexis

Comments (13)