SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Issues and reasons. Do you have any? Pictures

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

After weeks of caring for sick plants and hobbling around on foot, I thought I would show you some issues and reasons and then maybe you can share yours or compare if you can relate? I guess you could call this area of my yard the sick ward. Between lack vinegar, proper fertilizer,lack of accessibility, and abuse for various reasons, I am doing all I can.

Maybe we all have something in common and maybe the reasons I have outlined here might help some understand what is wrong with theirs. Let me try my best:-)

Don't fret anyone about your trees if any look like this, since the healing process can take much longer than we would like, but it will happen.

This one, a Meyer Lemon has looked like this since LAST summer. It is cared for exactly the same as the others but has been very slowly recovering. It was given to me last year by a sister who almost killed it due to root rot growing in MG. It seems to be finally turning green and I am starting to see signs of growth and flowers.

{{gwi:613768}}

This one a Ponderosa, was mailed to me and left in the mail much too long. Half the roots had died and yet did very well, until that Is I couldn't hit it with vinegar and fertilizer this past month. Notice the yellowing on the leaves and lack of upward growth.

{{gwi:613770}}

This one is a another Ponderosa. I forgot to use vinegar for a few weeks, but does have slow release fertilizer in it. It has been fed regularly I guess, but has not had vinegar for a couple of weeks.

{{gwi:613772}}

A Navel tree. This one has a lack of growth and leaves and has looked this way since April! A lot of bare stems. It was given to me in severe stress and managed to hold on to a few leaves. No branch death but no growth either. Oh well It takes time. Fertilized regularly, but not with vinegar. SRF in the mix.

{{gwi:613774}}

Lemon Meyer. This was was also given to me at the start of spring in bad straights. It was left to go bone dry due to my sisters vacation, then watered and the dessicated roots the rotted. I pulled this one and cut all the dead roots off and planted in the 5.1.1 mix. It has lost several branches BUT, BUT has managed to pull through. Notice the green branch growing. Now I must clip away the dead branches and hope for the best. It has been since April I have had this one and it took this long to come around.

{{gwi:613776}}

Orange Tree. This one had a close death with root rot and I caught it in the nick of time. I transplanted it possibly in March and has yet to show any improvement. I think I am starting to finally see signs of new growth nubs!

All I can do is nurse it back to health after a bad experience at the store.

It is hanging on though! No dead branches.

{{gwi:613778}}

This one is a Lime. It has been fertilized with Miracle Gro but not vinegar, My neighbor has been caring for it but a lot of yellowing is happening. I can't wait to get this one back!

{{gwi:613780}}

Can anyone relate? At least you see that no matter how good you treat your trees, after prior root damage or some other shock, it can take a while for a comeback, some months, a year, or just weeks, but they do if your exert patience and good care the best way you can:-)

Once any improve, I will keep you updated:-0)

Mike

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida