SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
_philosopher_

ideas sought for foundation planting

philosopher
16 years ago

Hello allÂ

I have decided on one of the elements of our "foundation planting" (not really to cover a foundation, but more to physically "ground" my front yard)Âthree or four large (3Â x 4Â) boxwood shrubs "Green Velvet" underneath the front windows. (My garden center finally came through for me and located some larger boxwoods.) I am not going to clip the boxwoods, but rather allow them to assume their natural shape over time.

Now, I am seeking your expertise for an appropriate vertical conifer to anchor the front left corner of the house (please see the photo below). Criteria: Though generally vertical in shape, I would like to keep the scale small and slow-growing. I would also like something unique. I had a dwarf chamaecyparis there before, and I would be open to a non-dwarf chamaecyparis variety now.

Shrubs and conifers are not my strong suit gardening-wise, so I definitely appreciate any thoughts you all may have. Thank you for any help!

P.S. I have amended the soil with compost for many years, so it is full of life. I havenÂt checked pH in many years, but everything I plant seems to do very well.

{{gwi:244494}}

Comments (10)