SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

New Citrus Additions on their Way!

Well, Karly got me excited to check out some different and rare citrus varieties, so I decided to do a little sleuthing. My lovely Ortanique tangor as well as the Mato Buntan (pummelo) and Ponkan mandarin (that was the most exciting thing to get ever) were all grown by a very interesting grower up in Monterey county, California, Monterey Bay Nursery. Had a nice chat with one of the owners, Luen Miller, and he told me I could place a special order through Armstrong Nursery for any of his citrus. I was thrilled, as I was able to add some additional rare and delicious citrus that have not been available to me. So, I have a Tahitian pummelo, a Vaniglia Sanguingo blood orange, and a Chironja orangelo on their way to me! Armstrong was so good, and knew exactly what I was looking for, and placed the order for me, so I hope to see these 3 unique citrus arrive next week sometime. Very excited about all three, as there are no sources for these that I've been able to find locally. Once I get them in the ground, I'll update my walk through my front orchard for everyone to see!

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monterey Bay Nursery

Comments (12)