SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

2 new additions to citrus collection.

Andrew Scott
12 years ago

Hi Guys!

I know it has been some time since I posted here and I apologize for that. I did miss this forum and all the friends I have here.

I visited a large multi faceted greenhouse business in Erie, PA. For people that live in the area, they do sell some truly awesome tropicals!

The owner Jim goes to this plant conference every year and he brings back some really nice tropicals. One particular type of tropicals he brings back is citrus.

He must have had at least 20 diffrent types and varieties of citrus. I saw trees in 1gal pots, 3 and 5gal pots, up to 30 gal trees!

I decided on a small navel in a 1 gal pot for $17.85 and then a Dwarf Meyer lemon in a 3 gal pot. The tree is very full, and measures about 15 inches tall and wide.

Both trees came loaded with flowers and small fruits. The navel is done blooming now with 9 or 10 small fruits. I don't think I will let them get too much bigger. I think it's probobly best to remove them now.

I am very excited about both trees. I figure they need about a week to acclimate to there new enviroment beforeI can repot.

Andrew

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH