SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalorchidman

Lemon trees not growing, with yellow leaves and drying

socalorchidman
10 years ago

You could say I have a semi-green thumb. For some things I'm very successful and others I'm not. For example, I grow orchids, and I do very well with them. In my front yard I have an 4ft growing avocado tree, a 3ft growing guava tree, which just flowered and has 3 growing guavas, a full grown cherry guava tree which gives me fruit more and more every year and.... 2 sad lemon trees. One was given to me in a pot and it was growing very well before I tranaplanted it, and a calamansi (calamondin) tree I purchased at my local Home Depot. It looked very healthy. Both trees where about 2ft tall when I planted them. It's been over a year, the calamansi, had fruit once and then the leaves changed from green with white spots to yellow green. The other lemon tree did the same and the longest growth started to dry. They have not grown one inch since i planted them. I planted all the other trees and they have been growing fine. In desperation I purchased citrus fertilizer and from growing orchids I learned to apply fertilizer a little weaker than suggested. What could be the problem? Please help!!

Comments (8)