SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackstar05

Why are the edges of my lemon tree leaves turning yellow?

jackstar05
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello, I have grown some lemon trees from seeds since June. They were re-potted into individual pots, about 2.5 months ago using a well draining soil. They're on humidity trays, and I spritz them with water mixed with some essential oils every few days. I've been watering them when the soil is dry on top, which is every 4-6 days right now. They get a 3-1-1 ratio fertilizer once a month, as I gather they like extra nitrogen. They're in a west facing window (I'm in a townhouse so I only have east and west), in direct sunlight. I'm in Canada, so the sun is not very hot.

I've noticed that on one of my 4 seedlings, the edges of a couple of the lower leaves are turning yellow. Does anyone know what this would be from? We're starting to dip into the negatives (celcius) at night the last few days, I was thinking it might be time to take them off the window sill as it may be too cold. Or maybe they aren't getting enough sun? Should I get a light for them for the winter? I also recently had a nursery plant bring home some mealybugs. They weren't close to the lemon trees, but to be safe I gave them a spritz of neem oil spray, I'm not sure if that would affect anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments (13)