SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stettin

Jade plant out of control, need advice

stettin
12 years ago

Ever since I moved into a new house with a nice window free from cats, my jade plant has doubled in size over the past year. I've been bracing it with zipties and a wooden dowel to keep it from falling over. I don't think I can let it get much taller. It just started popping out extra branches a month or so ago. In the past week I've seen several new branches start. I have not done any pruning on it since I got the plant.

I'd like to start now, but I'm afraid if I prune it too much, I might kill it. Does anyone have a suggestion where I should start? I'm considering replanting in a larger pot and trying to root some of the leaves for more of a "jade forest" type of plant. Also I saw a few pictures of some small potted bonzai type jades that I'd be interested in doing as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated, specifically where to prune and how much.

The window is south facing and in the winter time it has direct sunlight most of the day. It is in a self watering ceramic pot. I might add water every month or two.

{{gwi:668562}}
{{gwi:668564}}
{{gwi:668567}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals