SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seagoatgirl

Suddenly sad Meyer lemon -yellowing/dropping leaves

westgirl
12 years ago

My poor Meyer lemon tree which did fine outside (in a greenhouse with my other citrus) all winter, and flourished once the sun and warmth of spring returned, quickly became unhappy when I moved him (her?) outside. The lush green leaves started yellowing and then dropping - mostly the lower and interior leaves. The greenhouse had been warmer and dryer than outdoors, so I held off on watering a bit to no avail. All the leaves are more of an olive green, than the nice dark green of my other citrus (who are doing fine outside), and the new leaves are a weird darkish reddish purple with just the tip showing green. The tree was fertilized in the spring with Dynamite citrus slow-release fertilizer which is supposed to last through the fall. So far I have tried chelated iron, and when that didn't work, acidic (orchid) fertilizer. The top 2" are dry, but I'm wondering if it could be a problem of overwatering?(we're in Seattle & have had a lot of rain) Yellowing isn't consistent - sometimes starts from the leaf edge, and sometimes from the veins. So worried about my baby! Help?? Photos are here http://photobucket.com/lemontreeleaves

Thanks in advance!!

Here is a link that might be useful: lemon tree leaves

Comments (18)