SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
bigtx_gw

Meyer Lemon, Lemon Drop & Mexican Lime Trees

bigtx
14 years ago

I am brand new to gardening. I bought (from Home Depot) the three trees described above. The Meyer Lemon had 5 fruit that had set, but growth has stagnated and one of the fruits died and fell off onto the ground. I admit to over-watering at first. I had it inside because I wanted the glorious fragrance in my home that everyone talks about. It developed nats and leaves started dropping like crazy. I bought a water meter and took them outside and the leaves started burning up in this BLISTERING Texas sun. My house gets almost no shade in the backyard, and daily temps are near 100. I only water them when the meter shows they're nearly dry and them I try to water until it's running out of the bottom of the pots. Still a few areas will show nearly dry on the meter in a day or two. I do have a pretty shady front porch. Should I put them out there? If so, what can I protect them with?

Similarly, my lemon drop tree had little white flowers all over it and I excitedly thought I was going to get a bunch of lemons. They all have withered and died. I use SuperThrive and Osmocote on all three trees, even added some organic compost to the Lime tree but they look miserable and I am not getting a single fruit. The lime tree isn't even putting out white flowers. I am afraid that I will lose the few on the Meyer Lemon. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? I need help! I desperately want lemons!

BigTx

Comments (5)