SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Long time no see! And lots of gripes

moonie_57 (8 NC)
14 years ago

It's been a long time since I have popped in here so hope everyone enjoyed their fall glory with tons of brug blooms! Thanks to some of you, I had so many flowers and really enjoyed this past year in the garden. But...(ok, here it goes!)

I've been laid off from work... again... until spring. And my 9/yo grandson is living with us. So, with an extra mouth to feed and a dog on medication, I have decided not to heat my greenhouse this winter. Luckily I had taken some brug cuttings and have them in the BOB inside the house. But, I'm pretty sure all my potted brugs that are in the gh will be goners! waaah! Some of them had I pruned quite low, others I didn't prune, just stripped the leaves. Yeah, all those I have taken cuttings of so they can be replaced but I have two plumeria that bloomed for the first time this past summer. I'm sure they're toast! double waaah! On top of that, I spent all fall begging the good Lord to please not allow my orinoco banana to bloom... please, oh please dear Lord, let it wait till spring! So, obviously he listened but now I'm worried also about that particular banana. It was simply dug up out of the ground and just plopped on the gh floor. Meant to take care of it before now, then decided not to heat the gh so figured it wouldn't make it with exposed roots so I haven't bothered. Fish tail palm, fox tail palm, majesty's and bottle's... beyond damaged! And it's only the end of December! Here in coastal NC, we've had colder than average weather already. We'll see what I have left come spring!

Anyhow, Happy New Year to you all!

Comments (8)