SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saz57

Meyer Lemon Tree help please!

11 years ago

Hey,

I bought myself a meyer lemon tree to grow inside my dorm room a month and a half ago and it was doing fantastic until about a couple days ago. I went on a trip for 4 days and my roommates said they watered it but it looks like its on its last legs. Before leaving it was a rich green and the leaves looked very healthy and the lemons that were on it were definitely growing. Upon my arrival back at home though, I noticed it had a drooping appearance and the leaves were curling up on themselves. The leaves are still fairly green, although they are maybe a shade lighter but they are definitely not yellow. They are pretty much curling up on themselves and falling off. When I pluck one off the tree that has curled up, it is very dry and crumples easily. I have been misting the plant almost daily and have been watering with a cup of water maybe once or twice a week. I'm not sure if the 4 days I was gone would have caused such a dramatic change in the shape of the plant. Upon examination of the plant I lifted the pot and noticed a couple worms underneath the pot. They were pretty much miniature earth worms. They were pinkish in color and where maybe as thick as a toothpick while being maybe half an inch long. I started using some plant food about a week and a half ago. It gets about 5 hours of sunlight a day, but it has been doing fine up until this past weekend.

Do I need to be watering more, or less, or do I need to change soil to get rid of these worms. I am thinking of purchasing a 5000K 40W CFL bulb to supplement the light. She has lost a lot of leaves and I hope I can get this problem solved before I lose too many! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)