SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robv187

New Meyer Lemon - Advice please :)

robv187
9 years ago

Hi Everyone, approximately 1.5 weeks ago I bought my dad an Improved Meyer Lemon tree from Home Depot. The tree is grafted and the date was March 17th, 2011 making this a 3 year old tree. I am not so knowledgeable on Citrus and really want this tree to do well and to do the proper things, so please bear with me with all of the questions. I bought Dynagro Foilage and have been giving the tree 2 fertilizes so far with it's waterings. Since it's still in the original pot, I decided to do 8 cups of water with 1/2 tsp of Dynagro.

My questions are the following:

1.) In your opinion, does the tree seem healthy? Most leaves are green but a few seem yellowish in the center.

2.) I wanted to repot it in the browh pot beside it (not the pot it is currently in.) It's 17 inches, the reason I chose this is that the current pot it's in is very tall and this is the only pot I could find that would match the soil line. I'm wondering if it's too wide as I don't want root rot, hoping a 3 year old tree can handle it. We would drill 4 holes in to the pot for drainage.

3.) Is this soil okay to use? We want to repot the tree tomorrow but wanted to ask before making any mistakes.

4.) The tree does have a small lemon and recently has new shoots. Any other advices? I mist the tree daily, Also wondering how long it will take a lemon to mature this size already?

So sorry for all of the questions, this is the most knowledgeable place and very happy to be here!

{{gwi:596549}}

{{gwi:596551}}

{{gwi:596553}}

{{gwi:596556}}

{{gwi:596717}}

{{gwi:596718}}

{{gwi:596719}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!