SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oxmyx_gw

Show yourself

oxmyx
16 years ago

As a proud family member of this great, friendly forum, I formally declare:

Here I am....

How about you? I dare yall to show your face to go with the Forum name.

"I aint proud", as Arlo Guthrie once said.

Feel free to balk on this :)

{{gwi:582155}}

Comments (150)

• bonnie12210
    16 years ago

Chena
    just want to know what took you so long you are a beautiful lady,smile we all love you and all your help,keep smiling...makes people wonder what you are up to.Bonnie

• chena
    16 years ago

Thanks Michele...
    Okay just for the record... That is not a cig and it is not a joint...Probably a Beer tab...LOL

• Related Discussions

Do-It-Yourself: 8mm film transfer, vhs to dvd, cassette to cd

Q

Comments (1)
    ????????????????What?
    ...See More

New Show Yourself

Q

Comments (138)
    Thanks for bumping this up, Daniella! I miss you! Call me. I got a sprout from my Boromea(sp?)! I'm so excited I forgot what it's called!LOL Nice see everyone's beautiful & handsome faces! :) Thanks for asking Siam & Ryan. I've checked in just didn't post. Didn't feel chatty!LOL I think I have a touch of winter blues.Feeling better with the warmer sun & longer days. I'm also reading the Twilight series of books. Really hard to put down!;) Theresa
    ...See More

New Show Yourself

Q

Comments (3)
    Kristy of course he did. I NEVER forget that one rofl. Don't know much what princealbert looks like but I sure see the giant bluebonnet crystal clear in my mind roflmao. Princealbert just kidding. Of course I remember YOU too. Kristy is right. It would be super to meet you in person. Man soon we know enough folks close by, we can have our own plant swap lol Lucy
    ...See More

Do you consider yourself a 'hoarder'?

Q

Comments (20)
    Hoarder? No. Enthusiastic collector? Yeah. The difference being that someone that collects things does that for pleasure and enjoyment. And with plant's that is even more true as plants don't just sit around and collect dust. They require an active investment of time and effort. I suppose it could GET TO a point where it would be hoarding, but again, if they were neglected they would just die and become trash taking up space. People who hoard do so for many reasons, not the least of which is they feel some sort of attachment to things. Like they cant live without them. So, even meaningless things like a movie ticket from a film you loved you saw with an old friend 15 years ago becomes in their minds, priceless. Once something in the brain starts to change, and it turns into hoarding, I think there is a point that is reached where it just becomes overwhelming. Too much "stuff" to handle and that is where it spirals out of control. Things can trigger that too. Death of a good friend, loved one, or spouse can cause someone to find something as an emotional surrogate / replacement which leads to hoarding. I think most plant collectors are more just that. Perhaps sometimes the collections get a little out of control, or too much for a person to care for sure, but mainly I don't think its hoarding. Now, if every available space in your living space and / or outside is covered in pots, and all you have is little paths to get from one place to another, well , yeah. Maybe then you have a problem. LOL. I could never personally live like that. The sad thing is, that people do do that, and sometimes they do it with other living things, including animals. There was just a woman caught around here who had 250+ animals in her home. SOmething like 100 cats, 75 rabits, 25 birds...etc. Feces 8" deep on the floor in places,and dead animals found stuck under piles of trash. It was horrific. Some of the animals had to be euthanised, but the majority were able to be cared for and adopted out. There are still some animals left from that house currently being adopted out to forever homes in fact.
    ...See More
  • shortyhead
    16 years ago

Beer tab? Well, darlin', there's nothing wrong with beer tabs.

I have not a clue why you were hesitant to post your photo. I was afraid that you were born ugly!!! So I have to ask, Aren't you GLAD you weren't born ugly?

And from the hilarious and thoughtful private emails you have sent me, aren't you ALSO glad that you weren't born stupid?

And in addition to those good qualities, you are a kind, warm, hilarious, and generous person. You think you could improve on that???????????

Jim

• oxmyx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chena you fox!!! What.......... was that a photo from 30 years ago when they had beer tabs? hehehehe

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Aw Chena I don't feel special anymore! Now everyone else got to see what you look like. lol I agree, you look great! I still think you are token' on a doobie ; ) I must say this is the best forum on GW. There's so many fun, interesting people here. I participate on a number of other GW forums and none even come close to this one. I check in as much for entertainment and chit chat as I do for info, probably more. lol
    Karyn

• threas
    16 years ago

I've had so much fun on this thread! Thanks Barry for starting it! Now,where's Mike? Show yourself!LOL
    THERESA

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Here is Greenbean

{{gwi:582149}}
    {{gwi:582150}}

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Since everyone is posting their bird pics here's Sunny. She doesn't do a damn thing except make noise 24/7 and look for new ways to escape from her cage then hide in the plants and scare the living *$%# out of you! lol
    Karyn

{{gwi:574026}}

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

About time Chena; you are gorgeous! Glad you explained because I did think you had a cig in your hand, LOL! Thanks for posting her picture WF, and I liked that drum roll too.

Karyn, I too have a Sunny, but she is a yellow cockatiel! We had a grey male named Stormy, but I took their cage outside thinking it was secure and a stupid cat pulled Stormy out of their cage and killed him. Both of these birds were my grandkids, but I ended up with Sunny.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

She is very pretty Karyn, Would make a great color for a brug, lol. We have two cockatiels that were the kids birds that we somehow ended up with after they left home. They don't do much either but whistle.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I had a cockatiel named Zippy the Pinhead when I was a kid. He hated everyone but me and would attack anyone wearing eye glasses. He became my parent's property when I went to college (my Dad wore glasses. lol). My Mom had told me that he died of a heart attack while I was away. About 10 years ago she finally fessed up that the housekeeper had left the door open and he flew out. I always thought there was something fishy about that heart attack story. lol Sunny had a boyfriend that passed away a few years ago. She misses him terribly but I don't want another bird. I feel guilty and if I knew someone that had a lovebird that I thought would take good care of her I'd give her to them but I don't know anyone.
    Karyn

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in awhile, it really grew!! And look at all the lovely people we have! Chena..you ain't foolin me, thats a joint, lmao.
    Brenda..You are freakin hysterical!! I Love that pic!
    All the beautiful kids n critters! I won't post pix of my kids, but I will share my other babies with you all.
    This is Duke, he's a psychotic 4.5 yr old Egnlish Springer Spaniel
    {{gwi:582218}}
    This is Swiper loungin on my daughter's bed
    {{gwi:582219}}
    And this lil devil here is the newest edition to the mad house..13 week old German Shorthaired Pointer, Daisy;
    {{gwi:582220}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Gentian, I like the way you really gussied up for your photo, so let me say-nice shirt-you look great in green

And yes, I think you are successful in looking younger than your age. Some folks probably ask if you and your daughter are sisters.

I do like the way you bring out your nice eyes, but with all this special trouble, you must at some level be a rebel, because something about your hair doesn't look quite right.

BTW, I'm so glad your hubby had his camera ready when you saw your first brug. I looked exactly the same as you!

Jim :)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

f4f, Greenbean is a cutie. I think that is the perfect name for him. Looks like he gets along just fine dispite his disability.

karyn, we used to have a couple of cut lovebirds, my dh built them a nesting box (huge mistake!) They made babies all over the place! I gave them to my mom. We had finches before that and I gave them away because they kept multiplying like crazy worse than rabbits lol.

daneille, I love your dogs. The german shorthair is beautiful. We used to have a choc. lab/ shorthair mix. who finally died of old age. She was a great dog! We also had a pomeranian which died at 15 yrs of age. Now we only have a black lab who is still mostly a pup.
    Wofgang (Jenday Conure)

{{gwi:574034}}

~Buttons (Severe/Chestnut Fronted Macaw) His name is buttons because whenever he gets out of his cage. He goes straight for the closet to rip the buttons off of everything he can find.
    {{gwi:574033}}

Here is our new black lab. My dd named her Pisces because she thinks she is half fish. Can't get her out of the water, everytime we go to the lake.
    {{gwi:582223}}

Jim, You are too funny :P

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Cute animals everyone. Yes Greenbean gets around quited well. He is going to be here with me forever but if I could find a good home for the cockatiels I might would give them away if my husband would let me. They seems pretty content with each other though so maybe they don't mind not getting played with since the boys are grown. My Mom used to have cockatiels that laid eggs all the time but our 2 never have. Maybe they are both boys. That would really upset my husband, lol. He tell everyone he has a harem at home all girls including fish, birds and 3 dogs and he is the only rooster in this nest, lol. Silly huh!

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Sunny is always laying eggs and she gets so depressed when I take them away. I'll let her sit on them for about a week. If I leave them longer then that I'm afraid they'll get stinky. I removed the nesting box after her BF bit the big one so she uses one of her treat dishes as a nest now.

On a happier pet note my chinchillas are finally getting along so I'm hopeful that I'll have babies in about 100 days. Baby chins are too cute.
    Karyn

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Maybe Sunny's depressed because those eggs are always up her butt and she doesn't want to sit on 'em a week. :)

Jim

• karyn1
    16 years ago

No, she misses them. She thinks that they are going to hatch though I think it would be pretty uncomfortable to sit or or lay an egg. lol
    Karyn

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Would they hatch if she sat on them longer?
    Jim

• wildflower
    16 years ago

I need to post pictures of my children....

My Baby Boy, Yargo
    {{gwi:582224}}

Roxy (both cats are about 18 years old)
    {{gwi:582225}}

This is Callie watching over the daylilies
    {{gwi:582226}}

She gets ill when I wake her up
    {{gwi:582227}}

• doggies7
    16 years ago

Hi all! I am a newbie to brugs this summer and I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I see everyone posting their babies and I never give up the chance to brag about my precious babies. They are everything to me.

Here is a pic of my Sun Conure Zazzo and my Quaker parrot Jaydee. They are still babies but are just learning to speak. So far they say hello, step up, love you, what, and they bark (they learned this wonderful behavior from my dogs).
    {{gwi:582228}}

The first is a pic of my American Eskimo, Diesel. This is a once in a lifetime shot - this is the only time he has been calm for more than two seconds. I really think he has ADHD :). The second is a pic of Casper, he is Diesel's dad.
    {{gwi:582229}}{{gwi:582230}}

And, here is a pic of Nicholas. We adopted him from the SPCA.
    {{gwi:582231}}

doggies7

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Jim we need a boy bird for that to happen but I bet you could make an itty bitty omelet. lol Wildflower your cats and dog look alike! Everyone has such pretty pets. These are our newest additions. A pair of sugar gliders. I might have posted these before but they are cute enough to see again. lol
    Karyn

{{gwi:545633}}
    {{gwi:545635}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Karyn, an itty bitty omelete ! I laughed out loud when I got a visual image of that. I think your sugar gliders are darlin' little possums. Right? :)

Wildflower, that's truly a great photo of Yargo. And Callie is 18 !
    She's an older kitty--in her first photo, had she accidentally bumped her head against a daylily and knocked herself out?

Doggies, you're gonna have trouble in future photos with that Jaydee.

Jim

• oxmyx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diesel is neat!
    he looks like he has an interesting personality
    Very pretty also.

• doggies7
    16 years ago

Jim - Are you talking about his color? I noticed that after I took the pic that he blends in real well :). I don't know why either because he is grey and the wall is a cream color. I will have to start taking pics of him against a darker background.

oxmyx - Thanks! You can just tell that his mind is going wild and that he is thinking of something! Diesel is probably the coolest dog I have ever known. His personality is like no other and he is the smartest boy you would ever meet! He definitely keeps me on my toes!

Karen - Your sugar gliders are adorable. I tried talking my husband into letting me get one last year but I couldn't talk him into it :(.

Also, talking about Cockatiel eggs, my sisters laid five eggs and they all hatched on Thanksgiving!! They are so cute - I can't wait to see what they look like as they grow!

doggies7

• wildflower
    16 years ago

Karyn, what the heck are those!? They sure are cute. Doggies, your children are great looking and I really love Nicholas... He looks like he'd get along great with Yargo!

Shortyhead-Jim, yes the cats are actually sisters and are both 18. They sleep a lot and like to nap in the flower beds as long as it's warm outside. Hmmmm, have you posted a picture of yourself here? I havn't seen it.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Oh, Wildflower why did you post those pics. You made me realize I don't have a single daylilly in my hodge podge plant collection yet. Gonna have to remedy that, lol. I did buy one but the people who sold it to me lied. It was a rain lilly. They told me it was a baby day lilly.

• pagrdnr
    16 years ago

Nice pets everyone! Here's some pictures of my cats:
    (sorry dates on photos are wrong)
    Boots
    {{gwi:582232}}
    Salem
    {{gwi:582233}}
    Tiny
    {{gwi:582235}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

No, doggies, no trouble in the future from Jaydee's color. Jaydee is gorgeous. The trouble in future photos is that Jaydee is a ham. While Zazzo has placed herself into a restrained and sophisticated pose, look at Jaydee's pose, a real scene-stealer!! And so cute!!!

Doggies, I am very impressed that your sisters lay eggs,and if you wouldn't mind posting a photo of them, I'd love to see those sweet things.

Wildflower, I'm ignoring your request.

Jim

• oxmyx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wait a minute........... Is this the show your pets thread?

Come on no pets unless you dare to SHOW YOURSELF. ;)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I posted a pic of myself so I can post my critters! Just cause you said that I'm posting more of my pet pics!
    Karyn

{{gwi:469871}}
    {{gwi:582151}}
    {{gwi:582152}}

{{gwi:582153}}

{{gwi:582154}}

• oxmyx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Whats that...... a zoo ya got there Karen??

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

That chinchilla is sooo cute. You gotta post pics of the babies. I miss living in the country so I could have all sorts of critters but don't think I have the energy to take care of so many any more. Guess I better stick with what I have and be happy, lol.

• Tinkerbel
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliment Jim , is Abigail a little trouble monster? Blade sure is.

We dont have central air so in the summer we pop open the top of the tall windows in the living room, once you jump out you can't get back in.

{{gwi:582243}}

{{gwi:582245}}

He is a little monkey

• oxmyx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I posted a picture of my cas because i swear it is the same as tinkerbel's cat

{{gwi:582247}}

• threas
    16 years ago

Karyn, congrats on the soon to be chin kit! They're sooooo adorable! F4F, here's my baby chin from a couple of years ago & some of my other chins.
    Theresa

{{gwi:582249}}

• threas
    16 years ago

Karyn, congrats on the soon to be chin kit or maybe kit"s"! They're sooooo adorable! F4F, here's my baby chin from a couple of years ago & some of my other chins. Click on pic for slideshow.
    Theresa

{{gwi:582249}}

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

Karyn and Theresa, cute chins.

Daniella, I love your German Shorthaired Pointer! That is one dog I wouldn't mind having :-)

How do you all manage to take care of kids, home, garden and pets??!! I have 2 hens, 1 cockatiel, 4 zebra finches, 2 society finches, small pond with 1 koi and a few goldfishes, and in the morning, I am running around like mad feeding them before leaving by 7 AM! Oops, it's 6:08 AM, better get to feedings, LOL! Later.

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Tinkerbel, Miss Abigail is a delight and in many ways the delight of the household. Three minutes ago I was sleeping soundly and peacefully, when I suddenly heard frantic cat screaming. Sitting up straight in bed, I looked behind me and directly into the face of Abigail, who was ready to go outside. She'll be ready to come back inside in another five minutes for her morning snack, and then she'll come get me at the computer to let her out again for the morning.

Woke up at 3 this morning for a couple of minutes as she collapsed on my hand, in order for me to drag her under the bedcovers for a few hours (she loves to be standing up straight, and then just collapse--she's such a drama queen).

Must run-she's screaming at the back door. She can't just wait like normal cats.

Jim

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Barry I do have a menagerie and wish that DH would agree to some donkeys, goats & chickens at the farm but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I have quite a few others that I didn't post pics of. I've been told that I have my own petting zoo. It does take a good deal of time to play with and care for all the animals but I enjoy it. Theresa your chins are too cute, especially the white one. The babies are funny looking because their heads are so big compared to the rest of their body. I don't remeber who has the German Short Haired Pointer but that's a beautiful dog.
    Karyn

• hornetwife
    16 years ago

I am mostly a lurker here but here I am with my first Brug I asked you all advice for about a month ago.

{{gwi:116078}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:67290}}

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

OMG, Theresa- They are sooooooooooooooo cute! The babies look like baby puppies.

Can you email me and tell me how you did the link to photobucket slide show, please. Pretty please!!

Brenda B

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, they are so cute. I want to pet one. Now I gotta go to the pet store and visit them. I know I can't have one.

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you for the compliments on my puppers..she is a pretty girl, but man is she devilish, lol. Can't wait for her to know her toys from the kids. Man is she a chewer...but I love her anyway :)

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

So how do I post a photo onto here?

Jim

• wildflower
    16 years ago

Jim, you are welcome to e-mail me the pic and I'll do it for you! Are you famalier with photobucket at all? It's free and very easy to use. I think Dweeb had posted how to do this..Ok I found it..She's showing us here to do thumbnails I think. I always do the big pics, and I'm sure that's killing those of you on dial-up. Sorry!!! These are some great visual instructions so check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions from Dweeb

• wildflower
    16 years ago

Hornetwife...I don't remember your post but whatever advice somebody gave you here must have been good! Your brug looks great!!

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Sorry guys I brought this back to the top when I commented about the chins. We are supposed to be posting under Show yourself #2 thread now. Please continue on there so the dialup users can load the page. Thanks.

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

bumpity bump bump

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Okey, you newbies, join it, and post your photos- that include pets, as you can see from Kristy's photo!! LOL!!
    We wanna see yas!!

A coupla threads were started last year, where we showed ourselves............. or not, for some of us!!

Come on, take Barry's dare!

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider