SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21934719

Do you consider yourself a 'hoarder'?

User
12 years ago

So, last night I was watching that show that everyone loves to hate--"Hoarders".

I thought about the collecting bug and how it relates to the characters I see depicted in the show. There are some similarities but MAJOR differences as well. First off, I do think there is an obsessive quality to collecting massive numbers of plants from the four corners of the earth. We always manage to make room for one more plant--even at the expense of habitable space and our fiances. I have, over the years, acquired a massive collection of, you name it---palms, cacti, citrus, ferns, bananas,tropical fruit trees, herbs, and assorted other tropical and hardy plants. The difference is that everything has its own place and is organized. The interior house looks normal enough but the exterior shouts out Key West and points south! I'd love to say-- "Enough already!" But am sure I'll succumb to one more purchase. So, what about you? Are you through with new acquisitions or do you consider yourself an unrepentant, incurable "hoarder" of palms and other plants?

Comments (20)