SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kischka_gw

Newbie Advice...want my first clematis!

14 years ago

Hi!

I am so glad I found this forum. I am getting dizzy researching various vines and thought maybe you would help me choose from your experiences vs. me scouring the internet. Especially since I am being very picky!

I have fallen in love with clematis but cannot tell one from another. I live across from the water just south of Boston and I am looking for a clematis for a telephone pole in my front yard. The location is in full sun and it's on a bit of a slope which is probably fairly sandy.

My house is a southwestern style pinkish-tan stucco house with red roof. I also have somewhat of a desert landscape going on with tawny stones for mulch and it would be really cool to find something to either complement that.

Ideally, I would like something to grow 6-8' (more is fine too) and if it would stay green year-round, that would be a plus. My color preferences typically lean toward terra cotta but I haven't seen anything like that. Oh and lastly, since it is such a visible spot, it would be great if it didn't need to be cut back so much.

I know this is far-fetched but do you know of anything that might fit the bill? I'd love to hear from you and see pics if you have any.

Thanks so much in advance!

Liane

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio