SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wasabisworld

Ruby red grapefruit tree

WASABISWORLD
18 years ago

I just purchased a RR grapefruit tree....I know because of my location I will have to keep it a container tree for as long as I can...and I have read some info on keeping such trees...and on repotting them..et al...
its very small right now...but nicely leafed and has flowers about two foot high...
I have it outside right now...we have some wonderful heat going on...but had a few questions...
How often should I repot? like now...is it a good time to repot it...will it benefit this growing season if I do?
I have a hot house with heat lamps and a back porch with the house that gets good morning sun...I know eventually I would hae to bring it in....do you think the hot house would be better for it?what it said in what I read was that LIGHT was the most important factor in its growth...but by what I have read here is that HEAT is vital for fruit?
I also read the to keep the tree drawft and slow its growth if in a container to TOP it off....OKAY...so when? and HOW would be the proper way to top off a grapefruit tree
LOL that s all and if I can even keep it alive...never tried this before.....

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County