SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
project2501

lime tree in stasis

project2501
14 years ago

Hi,

I just found the forum due to my lime tree acting strange. I searched for previous posts on what I think is an issue, but maybe I'm an over sensitive and paranoid lime tree parent. I want to vote for me being paranoid.

I planted my lime tree right before this spring (Feb.), in a very sunny spot. It is about 2-3' high, and has healthy looking green leaves. It sent up new leaf growth about 2-3 weeks after I planted it. It also had one flower on it which turned into a very very small looking lime which has not grown any larger. I watered it 2-3 times the first week and have been watering it 2 times a week since. I gave it citrus fertilizer when I planted it and at the beginning of this month (June) per the instructions on the fertilizer box. I used coconut mulch around the base but left about 1' diameter around the base of tree clear of mulch.

You're probably asking what is the problem, right?

Well, it has not grown any larger nor has it produced any new blossoms. I noticed a brownish looking dirt/dust on some of the leaves. Where new leaf growth started to come out, it has turned brown and dry crumbles when touched. I have not noticed any pests on the tree, although I did see one normal looking spider web on one of the leaves, but no spider. Could this be spider mites? Is it producing roots or is there something else sinister going on? The calm before the storm?

Any suggestions or tips to promote growth?

Thanks.

Comments (2)