SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda1270

Questions on Moving Clematis'

LindaMA
15 years ago

I have two clems planted under a large pine tree in the middle of my yard and they'd probably grow very nicely if it wasn't for the squirrels who keep breaking them while they are playing and/or looking for food, nuts and acorns.

The two clems are Betty Corning and the other is Venosa Violacea. Venosa Violacea didn't stand much of a chance, every time it would start to grow beyond 6-8 inches tall, they'd manage to break it. Betty Corning grew a lot better and actually bloomed for me but not without a lot of mending and cutting in different areas.

The VV is now about an inch or two tall and trying to grow again, would it be wise to dig it up now and move it to another spot? Same with the Betty Corning, I'm thinking of moving them both to the front of my house and have them grow along my fence.

I know the best time to move clematis is in the fall or the spring but due to my having to go on medication in the fall that will most likely keep my activities limited, I'd rather due it now if possible.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Linda

Comments (2)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals