SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naplesgirl_gw

key lime leaves yellowing & falling off

14 years ago

Hello, I did a search and found a few posts regarding key lime problems but most of these were from members who were growing the trees inside or in pots, so wasn't sure they were relevant.

I purchased a 4' key lime from a local nursery about 6 months ago. It seemed to be doing fine at first (planted outside in ground) but then dropped quite a number of leaves and the leaf edges starting turning yellowish in spots along the edge not attached to a branch. This spring, it flowered profusely and there are quite a few teensy little limes (about 1/8" diameter) on it, and a couple large ones (about 3/4"-1") but the leaves are very sparse and still yellowish along edges, and I have seen no new growth of leaves. I have used citrus fertilizer once monthly since planting & water 1-2 x week. There is mulch (oak) about 4-5" deep at dripline but shallower (1-2") at trunk.

Any opinions of what's wrong? Too much water? Too little? Supplements needed? Not enough sun? Too much sun? (It is under the canopy of a 25' yellow jacaranda which had only bare branches up until about a month ago, so it was getting full sun pretty much all day, but now only filtered sun til early afternoon, when it gets full sun again.)

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - I don't want to lose this little guy!

Here is a link that might be useful: single leaf pic here

Comments (8)