SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
b_renn

dwarf (indoor) key lime - green leaves curling and falling off

b_renn
11 years ago

Have had this key lime from Gurneys (arrived about 5"tall) since last spring and had been doing fine.
Kept indoors always in corner of room with large S and W facing windows.
Potted in approx 6 gallon plastic pot with 100% peat moss except for stone base for drainage.

Watered tree a few weeks ago with miracle grow that contained a very very small drop of superthrive (which I now know is not ideal). That is the only thing different in regular routine in the past year. House temp is probably around mid to low 60's.

Leaves are now still all green but curling (to a crisp) and falling off. Prior to that they looked wilted for a few days. I will post picture as soon as i can but am wondering if anyone has ideas other that what i have already searched or read.

It seems to me that since it has never been outside or had a problem before that i can rule out insects?

My watering plan to date has been to stick a finger 3-4" deep and water only if dry. Room has a fireplace so maybe it could have dried out faster due to fireplace but since I noticed the wilted look I have kept it moist?

Complete NOVICE accepting any and all ideas. Including where to buy a better potting medium asap than just peat moss...

Comments (5)