SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ptpulley

What's wrong with my Meyer?

ptpulley
11 years ago

Hi. I'm hoping you experts here can help me figure out what's wrong with my little Meyer lemon. I bought it last year and have grown it in a pot on my deck for a year. It's been beautiful and healthy, and last summer it had lots of bloom and set lots of little lemons. The lemons stayed on the plant outside in my Seattle location all winter. This spring it started looking bad. Many of the leaves are curled and yellowing, and there are some chewed spots. I have looked carefully at the undersides of the leaves and have found just two little critters (aphids, maybe?), which I destroyed. No webbing or anything.

On the other hand, most of the lemons are still on the plant (just a few of the tiny ones are yellowing and dropping) and they are growing. There is lots of beautiful new growth and lots of new bloom clusters.

The plant is potted in regular commercial potting soil, and I fertilized it with Miracle Grow two weeks ago and again today.

I wish I knew how to embed photos in my post so that you could see the problems. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Comments (7)