SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19796976

My first Clematis bloom ever - Jackmanii

User
9 years ago

Hello, I'm a first time Clematis owner. I've looked at them in the stores for years, and this year finally went for it and planted 2. Then a third. Then a fourth for good measure. :)

The first two I planted were Jackmanii and Cardinal Wyszynski. For mother's day I had my husband hang two trellises on the side of our house and I strung them with twine after I realized the plants needed smaller surface to climb on. They've been growing well, and just the other day the Jackmanii burst open with some blooms even though it's only a couple of feet tall. What a beauty.
I'm quite excited about those two clematis in that spot because it's been a bare tall wall and it's the wall you see as you drive up our hill. I think finally there will be something interesting there for people to enjoy as they approach our home.

Even before the first blooms showed though, I was hooked and went back for two more clematis - Piilu which is in a huge container on my patio, and Guernsey Cream, which is in my backyard along a lattice fence.
No blooms on them yet, they're just growing and seem happy. I'll keep my fingers crossed they continue to do well in their new homes.
So hello from a new Clematis fan!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County