SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mn_matt

My lemon tree. pictures

mn_matt
15 years ago

Planted from seed about ten years ago now I havent had a single flower on it. After reading so many posts of people having the same problem. I think I'll wait another ten before I give up on it. Makes for good shade now anyway.

{{gwi:583801}}

This is the youngest I could of it. maybe a year or so? I used an HPS light for the winters early on but it grew fast and tall.

{{gwi:583802}}

The next were summers on the deck and winters in front of patio door. The door faced west and did not get enough sun. Each fall it would shed half or more of its leaves wintering over in the apartment. It would get sudden growth spurts of oversized leaves on longer thicker stems. The summer growth usualy had several sprouts instead of 1 or 2. Also the winter sprouts came from within the tree instead of the tips. You can see the difference here. once it gets hardened off for the summer ill cut them off. Back then i left the big leaves on just to have some green to it. Now it has a few odd looking branches because of this

{{gwi:583803}}{{gwi:583805}}

Quite a bit of growth here. summer 2005 on the deck. Alexis, my big garden helper.

{{gwi:583807}}

backyard at new place. much sunnier winter spot has done it well. didnt have the big leaf drop for the first time. This was after its latest (i hope last) pot. couple more summers since last pic mostly filling in the canopy. Can't let it get to big ya know. Lily on the slide JJ on the swing. Also big garden helpers.

{{gwi:583810}}
Along the way I figured since I needed to keep it smaller I could try some bonsai experimenting. Exposing the roots seems to be going well. Not sure how good it could be for the tree though. I'll take a pic of a "jin" i think it is if someone wants. branch bending not so good.

{{gwi:583812}}

{{gwi:583814}}

{{gwi:583815}}

My lemon tree

Comments (8)