SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catrionna

Evil Yellowjackets

catrionna
13 years ago

I had a lovely day planned. I have several on-sale plants sitting in my driveway. I have everything I need plus the time and energy to get things done. It's a beautiful day outside; sunny with a nice cool breeze.

#@$% yellowjackets!!!

Morning, noon, and evening there they are. I can't let my dog out because they constantly devil him. I can't plant anything because they materialize out of thin air. I'll look through the window and there won't be a single yellowjacket to be seen, two minutes after I go outside here they come.

I'm beginning to feel it's a conspiracy on the yellowjacket's part. They are watching my house with their little yellowjacket binoculars just waiting to ambush me.

I snuck out earlier today when it looked like the coast was clear. Woohoo!! I arranged a couple of plants in the configuration I wanted to try and decided it looked fine. I walk over to the shovel and while my back was turned they swarmed my plants and laid claim. You'd have thought I put a bowl of honey in front of a bee hive.

The thing is, there is no flipping nest anywhere near where I'm trying to work. Two mornings ago I was working on the front porch... no where near where I was today... and here they come. They had no interest in my porch until I stepped outside. Is there a nest near my porch? Not that I can find. I can't find a nest ANYWHERE in my yard.

I can only suppose they have a nest in the woods next to my house. I swear, if I could find it I would dump every toxic chemical I've banned from my home down their hole, chase it with gas, and torch the whole thing. I'm a prisoner in my own home. It's not that I'm afraid of being stung, I just happen to be severely allergic to the evil creatures.

I put out traps every spring to catch the queens. I keep fresh traps all summer just in case. I put out extra traps away from the house when I noticed the evil creatures were starting to hang around this year. I always put the traps away from the house. I wear disposable gloves when I bait them, hang them at night, and take more precautions then a biochemist. I've dressed head to toe for protection and tried my best to find the nest with no luck.

Several people at work have commented that the yellowjackets seem extra-agressive this year. Do any of y'all find this to be the case as well?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths