SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamabeefcake

New Key Lime Tree

iamabeefcake
13 years ago

Hey guys, first time poster here.

I just received Key lime tree as a present. After doing some research I'm still left with some questions that I was hoping GaredenWeb could help me with.

The windows in my apartment are on the east and west sides. Although my tree is rght next to a window on the west end and does get decent sun light, it doesnt get direct sun light. Is this going to be a problem for my Key Lime and if so what kind of UV light will I need to buy(I am on a low budget so the cheaper the better)?

If you look at the pictures below you can see that the leaves on my Key Lime have some brown to them. What can I do to get healthy, full, and green leaves?

Mind you I just got this tree today but here's what I have done so far.

I bought a 20 inch wide cedar pot with a drainage hole on the bottom(I wanna get this baby big in a few years).

I put about about an inch and half of small, store bought rocks on the bottom of the pot.

Put a layer about two inches high of Miracle Gro Organic Potting Mix over the sone.

Placed the tree ontop of the potting mix and added more potting mix around the tree and as low on the trunk as I could go(just above the first first root).

Patted the potting mix down to make sure their weren't any aire holes

Generously poured water around the tree and also generously misted the leaves on the tree(I don't plan on doing this every time I water the tree just the first time.)

Side Note - I also bought Miracel Gro Fruit and Citrus Tree Fertilizer Spikes that I was going to put in the soil after about a month.

Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

{{gwi:583157}}

{{gwi:583159}}

{{gwi:583161}}

Comments (3)