SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
land3499

Euphorbia pics

land3499
13 years ago

A few pics from today....

I was convinced that this wasn't a true E. meloformis, since I've never seen habitat pics of plants branching other from the base. Whatever it is, it gets nice markings in the summer sun:

{{gwi:618481}}

...and flowers off and on over the summer:

{{gwi:618483}}

Euphorbia valida is generally considered to be a subspecies of E. meloformis, and also gets nice markings in summer:

{{gwi:618486}}

E. lenewtonii would be a cute little species (that's a 4-1/2" pot) except for its vicious spines, just as painful as those of bigger Euphorbia species:

{{gwi:618489}}

{{gwi:618491}}

This is E. monteiri brandbergensis from Namibia. Yet another of my favorite species, the peduncles (stems) that produce cyathia (flowers) persist from year to year, much like E. obesa and other species. But the peduncles (the long brown stems) in this species are crazy long:

{{gwi:618494}}

{{gwi:618496}}

Euphorbia abdelkuri WAS one of the most coveted (and expensive) Euphorbia species, but has sensibly come down in price, since it's a fast grower, at least when grafted. Here's mine, which has nearly tripled in size in two years:

{{gwi:618497}}

If you're not familiar with this species, believe the pics! That's what a healthy E. abdelkuri looks like :)

{{gwi:618499}}

Euphorbia pedemontana is a distinctive species from South Africa, which IME is pretty greedy when it comes to water! It does have a nice little caudex:

{{gwi:618501}}

{{gwi:618503}}

Hope you liked the pics!

Cheers,

-R

Comments (6)