SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohmiss_gw

OK! OK ! I Surrender to the deer.......

ohmiss
17 years ago

I live in northwestern NC on a mountain where hunting is (thankfully) illegal. My husband LOVES to feed the deer who come looking for him faithfully every night. The problem of course, comes in the spring and summer when I would LIKE to see 'the fruits of my labors'...but between the bugs, the soil, the deer and my black thumb - it's hopeless!

I'm considering 'throwing in the towel' and catering to the wild life. Anyone have ideas? I have sort of envisioned a cool water feature (maybe a small waterfall even) and neat shubberies that have interesting folliage. And maybe some nice deer feeders that don't resemble my dayglow ski saucers (I'm surprised THAT doesn't scare them away!!:-)

I've heard clover is a favorite of theirs, but don't have any idea how to start that. I still have a glimmer of hope that if I can attract them to areas that are acceptable, perhaps they'll leave my unacceptable areas alone (with a few incentives.)

I'm open to any suggestions; we do enjoy watching them and seeing the new babies each year...awwwww

thanks in advance!!!!

Comments (2)