SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
_sbgibbons_

Am I doing something wrong?

_sbgibbons_
9 years ago

Is it just me or is it significantly harder to pot a plant using gritty mix? Doing an arrangement that would have usually taken me about 15 minutes, now takes me over an hour - no joke. It's very frustrating. I worked on an arrangement of a sedum, an echeveria, and some string of pearls and every time I got a string of pearls planted and I went to plant another one the one that I already had planted would fall out. I don't know if i am doing it wrong or what! This happened when I was planting a group of treleasei as well.

I have had some sedum treleasei planted in the gritty mix for about three days now and now they have started to yellow a bit and have dropped four leaves. Is that normal? Is it just from the stress from having a root wash and bring repotted? Is there something I can do?

And with my string of pearls.. They have been falling out of the pot repeatedly, which I know is a potting issue on my part but I can't figure out a way to make them stay in the mix. Some are cuttings and some have roots, but they are all pretty small. But since they are falling out it has caused the roots to dry out to a crisp. The root even look dead. I'm not sure... Does anyone know what I can do to make these guys okay?

I planted everything and then watered them using the fertilizer Foliage Pro 936 1/4 tsp per gal of water.

If you have any advice, I would really appreciate it. I'm kinda freaking out and thinking I made a mistake in switching over. Gardening is my escape and right now it's causing me a lot of stress. Lol! Thanks in advance! - Sam. :)

Comments (8)