SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nana2_gw

Raymond Evison Patio Clematis article

18 years ago

Found this article -- datelined today -- featuring Raymond Evison on his visit to Seattle.

Was quite surprised to read I should have done the ponytail trim after the first flush of flowers last year. I didn't do a darned thing, and my Picardy started blooming in May and kept on going the whole season.

Also found this .... but can't remember the site....

"Clematis, the much-heralded "Queen of Vines," now scales lesser heights, which is ideal for today's gardens. 'Cezanne,' a new, large-flowered hybrid developed by Raymond Evison, an authority on clematis, climbs only 2 to 3 feet, resplendent in showy, violet blooms. Stunning in a container, it can be equally impressive woven throughout small shrubs or miniature roses.

"The other two in Evison's Clematis Patio Collection -- 'Picardy' (pinkish-red) and 'Versailles' (reddish-purple) -- also vine up a mere 3 feet or so. All of these pint-size patio clematis produce massive, 6-inch blooms.

Evison is a world-renowned clematis breeder and expert from the Isle of Guernsey in Great Britain.

Evison has been furiously working to breed a better clematis. His newest creations have survived triple-digit temperatures. "These clematis really can take quite a lot of heat," he said during a recent stop in San Francisco. "They performed in trials in Vacaville and different parts of the United States. Temperatures were way above 100 degrees. I've been delighted in how long they were flowering."

Yikes - 100 Degrees! That is amazing.

Elaine

(can you tell I'm quite smitten with this collection... and am a tad disappointed my kids didn't take the hint and get me Bourbon for Mother's Day ;(

Here is a link that might be useful: Patio Collection article

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting