SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catbox_9

Nagami Kumquat not doing much of anything

catbox_9
13 years ago

More than two years ago I purchased a Nagami kumquat plant. Since then the plant has been mostly terrible. Almost right after I bought it, the plant lost all its leaves and appeared dead until the leaves all came back. Shortly after that the plant got to its present state where it appears rather sickly and is missing quite a few leaves. Sometimes a new leaf will grow and it did start to flower last year although I don't think the flowers ever really bloomed properly.

This plant is from Monrovia. I own quite a few other citrus trees and they have all done outstanding although they are all by Four Winds Growers. I treat this one the same as all the others so I'm not sure why it does so terrible. The only difference is that this is planted in the ground (and has been since day one) while the rest remain in containers. I don't live in an optimal citrus area in Paso Robles, CA but kumquats are rather cold-hardy and there are people nearby that have full-sized lemon and orange trees in their yards that seem to do fine so citrus can grow here.

Any advice?

{{gwi:581520}}

{{gwi:581521}}

Comments (9)