SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessicasgrowincitrus

Meyer 2 Months Post Transplant- Still In Shock?

Hello everyone, I am back for some assistance. My newest Meyer is in distress. I have no idea why this particular plant is so un happy.

It has not improved a bit since I transplanted it over two months ago. It has lost only a few leaves since the initial "drop", but there has been no sign of new growth or of it settling into the mix. How long will transplant shock or previous damage caused by the nursery last?

I think maybe I should transplant it into fresh mix. That is all I can think of. The only thing I did differently this time around was that I used mix that had been soaking in water for a few weeks. I am also wondering if maybe maybe I left air pockets in around the roots somewhere because it was allot harder to poke the mix into the roots when it was that wet.... Last time I poked the soil into the roots for a long time while it was dry and felt very confident that I got it in there everywhere. I even notice a difference in how hard it is to poke my dowel into the mix on my other Meyer vs. the mix in this new one. Could the damage I am seeing be from air pockets? That is all I can think of.

I still use FP with every feeding. And I water maybe once a week as needed. I can tell with my other plant when it is time to water by just looking at it, but this plant looks like it ALWAYS needs water. Except for the fact that the leaves are dropping off... So strange. The wooden dowel test really is not much help either. Dry or damp dowel, does not seem to help decide if it needs water.

Do you think a transplant is in order? At least that way I can look for root rot. I will have to do some research into what that looks like.... There are still a bunch of lemonettes on the tree and I have hope for them still! :)

This one has me stumped!

{{gwi:577862}}

{{gwi:577864}}

Thanks for your time Everyone!

Comments (9)