SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkpod

Mocksville NC historic district gardens?

Lavoie Boho
17 years ago

I found the perfect historic house for sale at 768 Main St to open as an herb garden and tea shop! The garden needs big help. It is so neglected, and the landscaping is horrible, but the house was built in 1880 and is a gardener's dream. Is there any chance of the historical society buying it and turning it into a real showpiece? I would definately volunteer to help out. The outside looks fine, but the inside is a horror story and has no A/C. Gothic Victorian is so appealing for a tea party house! It could really be turned into a money-maker for the town with the right business in it to serve and educate the public about history and culture. What a shame it is going to waste and has no one to love it and clean it up. Is there any hope that the right buyer will take it? It's out of my range, and clearly just too much work for anyone less than a contractor. I'd enjoy hearing from anyone in the area who may know where the historic gardens are and if there is a tour of any of them anytime during the year.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County