SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nannerbelle

Ideas for borders around new beds

nannerbelle
15 years ago

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone has any good creative ideas for borders around some new beds I'm putting in. I need a good border as I've got Bermuda for my lawn. Here is a description of what I have so far. My house is a ranch, with the drive coming up right beside the house on the end I'm working on. At the back of the house, I've put in 2 beds and have pretty well got those settled in with a red brick scalloped border and cypress mulch. Coming around to the side off one back bed, I planned to put the red brick scallop in there as well, but may change my plans if anyone has a good idea. On the side bed, I don't have any grass I have to deal with, this bed is right beside the driveway. Coming on around to the front on the same end of the house, I've tilled up some more area. Here I do have to deal with the grass, and I'm looking to see if someone has an idea that will work for the front and change it up a little. On the side bed, I've got Gardinia and Hibiscus (nice deep Salmon color) as my main plants, I've got a Purple Fountain grass on a corner, have some Asiatic Lillies, a Sapphire Yucca, and a purple New Zealand Cabbage tree as well. For some definition I put in a row of peach colored Portulaca for a "border". For the front corner, I've took the bed out to a circle shape on the corner to try to soften the box effect of the house, and have a Jack's Giant EE and nice Banana to put in. I'm going with a tropical feel as much as I can. I get great ideas from all of you so I thought I would ask, thoughts???

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida